Location: Remote; Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria
We are a U.S. energy development company focused on solar and battery energy storage projects to power our clients in Africa. The Business Development & Origination Manager will be responsible for driving sales and business growth for solar and battery energy storage projects, as well as energy financial services products to capture new corporate, industrial and government power customers. The Manager will be responsible for implementing the growth strategy by developing new and existing customer relationships, proposing and structuring customized renewable solutions, and will have direct responsibility for the negotiation of power purchase agreements (PPAs) and contracts executed by the team. The incumbent will support direct management of the long-term origination resources in Nigeria.
· Build and maintain high-level relationships with Corporate Senior Management and Directors, senior government officials, electric utility executives and energy buyers and other key personnel of targeted clients in assigned region. Expand the pipeline of sales opportunities by generating high quality leads.
· Demonstrate leadership and the ability to coordinate project teams consisting of sales and marketing, construction and engineering, legal, and finance.
· Manage and lead work scope of prospecting for new PPA opportunities, coordinate internal support necessary for developing the key inputs required for profitable pricing.
· Assess and translate market competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges and changes in the marketplace into market strategies and product offerings. Develop tactical execution plans for target clients.
· Drive internal team processes through all aspects of a complex sales process to successful closing.
· Collaborate internally to identify and develop new market opportunities and craft value propositions to serve target market and/or customers. Furthermore, provide regulatory support on issues impacting market area.
Minimum Required Qualifications | Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable global university — in Engineering, Business or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience as Procurement Manager, Business Development Manager or Banking Marketer Manager required
· Experience or interest in the energy industry, ideally in renewable energy sales.
· Experience in complex selling, introducing new product and service offerings, and developing corresponding value propositions.
· Demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy markets and power market design.
Skills and Qualifications
· Experience: 3+ years
· Strong leadership & strategic skills; ability to balance & prioritize competing interests.
· Demonstrated ability to develop new business relationships quickly and to close business opportunities
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing and interfacing effectively with cross-functional internal groups of all levels and competencies.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
· Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a desire to learn and win
Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com