Location: Remote; Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria
Position: Manager / Senior Manager / General Manager
We are a U.S. energy development company focused on solar and battery energy storage projects to power our clients in Africa. The Manager will support growing our energy business in the renewable energy sector and will be located in Lagos. The successful candidate will have a strong, technical and operational background in the power sector. This position requires a team-oriented professional with a strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management and client satisfaction. Consistent with our results-based culture and flexibility of schedules, a mix of in-office, remote work, and field work will be available.
- The Manager will be a flexible results-oriented professional, committed to working smart and delivering achievements.
- Responsible for leading technical teams, engineers and contractors in providing technical and engineering deliverables — to execute on development-stage and operational projects.
- Accountable and responsible for operations & maintenance (O&M) of energy projects.
- Lead the delivery of complex projects in a dynamic work environment, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and have a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Review technical and operational deliverables of junior staff
- Support the preparation of power sector proposals and grant applications; lead company junior staff through private sector and government RFPs and related processes
- Develop solar and battery energy storage projects from idea phase, project development, engineering design, construction/installation through to commercial operations.
- Support the development of new client accounts; working with existing Developers, Originators and Marketers to expand existing client accounts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a desire to learn and win
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable global university — in engineering or a related technical field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience, with a mix of power generation and delivery, engineering assessments and business development, private sector and government stakeholder management; 2+years of solar experience in Nigeria preferred but required.
- Existing client relationships (corporate, SMEs, government) to accelerate our market offering is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), as the position requires effective interaction with regulatory agencies, other team members, clients and the public.
- Ability to plan and organize in a fast paced, dynamic client driven working environment
- Possess excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Work closely and develop strong working relationships with team members.
- Strong program and project management skills in successfully scoping and managing project teams and deliverables.
Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com