Resolved to take a more encompassing approach towards reducing greenhouse emissions in Africa and the U.S., the Infranergy Group was a key participator in the International Fundraising Congress 2022 (IFC 2022).
Organized by the Resource Alliance, the event was held in the Hotel NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst, Amsterdam from the 18th to the 21st of October 2022.
The international event brought together over a thousand leaders, investors, and delegates from across the globe with a unifying theme of interacting, learning, and discussing ground-breaking and purposeful innovations.
- We discussed our experience developing, financing and building solar + battery storage projects on the roofs, parking lots and grounds of communities & commercial clients in the U.S. and Africa, including off-grid, last-mile communities, hospitals, schools, and banks. These impact projects have helped reduce power costs, improved reliability and strengthened the response to climate change.
- While setting a path towards solar energy generation within the U.S. and Africa’s expanding clean energy economy, Infranergy was excited to build partnerships with the common goal of expanding the African continent’s economy towards green energy, where 45% of the Nigerian population lacks access to electricity.
- We were energized by the enthusiastic feedback on our newly launched platform, SolbloX AI, a clean power grid energy trading analytics software which helps unleash distributed rooftop solar, batteries and EVs on the U.S. grid, and builds upon our deep asset optimization and financing experience in solar and storage.
- We also discussed the unprecedented need for impact investments in disadvantaged U.S. communities: SolbloX AI is especially exciting within the context of the Inflation Reduction Act’s (IRA) climate & energy provisions totalling $374 billion, and the Justice40 Initiative, which directs 40% of the overall benefits of certain clean energy related Federal investments – to flow to disadvantaged communities (DACs).
- Trends on the U.S. $5 trillion power grid are characterized by 4 Ds – Decarbonization, Decentralization, Digitization and Degradation – and SolbloX AI has a key role to play given that rooftop solar, batteries and EVs have fallen in costs and are being pushed to the grid edge.
Overall, IFC 2022 was a wonderful opportunity for Infranergy to espouse the benefits of green energy impact investing to partners and international fundraisers, and collaborate with like-minded organizations.
In a commitment to making energy affordable, inclusive, and environment-friendly in underserved global communities, Infranergy understands the importance of advocating for development as purveyors, consumers, and innovators of digital technologies and data analytics.
Investing in reducing greenhouse emissions is an emerging and impactful approach that guarantees a brighter, cleaner, and more economically robust future.
The IFC has historically brought together diverse, talented individuals, ranging from fundraising executives, Nobel Prizewinners, and the subjects of Netflix biopics!
A shared, wonderful opportunity lies on our doorstep, but there is no time for delay. We must act with speed and purpose to contribute value to the Clean Energy Revolution. If we don’t, underserved communities and businesses, particularly in Africa will be behind the curve and remain in poverty, and will not be able to enjoy the benefits of this exceptional time of global change.